Monday, September 9, 2013

Introducing... Kitty! (I finished customizing rei-rei!)

So... I finished Rei-rei's new face-up! And, since she's not rei-rei anymore... I named her Kitty! It's short for Katherine.



 At first, I almost gave up because her face-up was so hard to get off! Then I remembered people saying it takes hours sometimes... so I went and sat on the couch with a magic eraser and just scrubbed while watching a movie.
Then I started adding pastels... they didn't really go on too well. A while later,  I found some sealant and put on a layer, and it helped a lot! Tip to anyone new to face-up: use lots of layers of sealant! It keeps it neat and if you make a mistake, you don't have to re-do the whole thing. however if you accidentally spray over a mistake, I guess YOU'RE DOOOOMEDDD. jk. idek. I did get a little extra pastels around her mouth that I couldn't get off, though.
I do like the eyebrows I did! xD And the lower drawn-on eyelashes don't look too bad, either. I also LOVE her freckles, but you can't really see them on camera!
I was planning on buying a different wig that was long, had straight bangs, big curls, and was the same color as her eyes. So she'd be kinda old fashioned victorian style. Like Pullip Fraulein, but less red. But since I haven't found a wig yet, I thought she's use Mizuki's old one. I was trying on other wigs, like ones from some old porcelain doll I have, and I tried on this big frizzy one. It was the exact color I wanted! and the more I looked at it, the more I liked it. I do kinda like the frizzyness on her thought, it gives her more... personality. However it's more than just looks "frizzy" it's really, really, really frizzy. And whenever I try to brush it, it falls out. If I take the clips out, it's literally like a big, red-ish, frizzy cloud.
I'm afraid that any other wig I get won't be the right color, though. It's hard to see exact color on the computer, and I love the color of this one, and I can't find anything like it.

While waiting for the sealant to dry, I also sewed the dress. I used a Blythe pattern, so it came out a bit short, but I still like it! It's super nice quality!
For some reason, I found myself sidetracking while writing this post and somehow came to googling what a mori girl is. I just found that it means "forest girl". It's a certain style thats kinda forest girl-ey. Go Google it yourself. anyway, to the point, I think that Kitty could totally be a mori girl! I love the style :) plus, a lot of its all loose, so it should be fairly easy to sew!


Thanks for reading! ~Hope (and Kitty)


1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous!!!!
    Kitty is an adorable name XD
    SHES PERRRRFECT

    NICKI

    ReplyDelete